Non-Ablative Laser To Renew and Improve Skin
Laser skin resurfacing is one of most popular method to rejuvenate your skin. Fractional laser skin resurfacing achieves skin improvements with minimal downtime and side effects. This minimally invasive technology helps to reduce and improve acne, acne scars, pigmentation problems, surgical scarring, stretch marks, fine lines, and wrinkles on any area of your body.
What is Fractional Skin Resurfacing?
Fractional skin resurfacing is an advanced treatment that uses a special medical grade laser to remove unwanted imperfections on the face and body. The heat from the laser is targeted to penetrate deep into the dermis of specific treatment area without causing damage to surrounding healthy skin. The laser energy causes the skin to naturally repair itself by replacing damaged skin with new, younger and healthier skin. Also, new collagen is produced which helps to reduce fine lines and wrinkles, as well as smoothing and tightening skin.
Chameleon Medical Spa uses the premier Palomar 1540 fractional laser fractional laser. This specific laser is less invasive than ablative laser technology resulting in fewer skin irritations and faster recovery time. Unlike other systems available today, our Palomar 1540 laser has the energy to penetrate more deeply into the skin’s tissue. The laser is safe and produces consistent results.
Why Choose Fractional Skin Resurfacing to Rejuvenate Your Skin?
Fractional skin rejuvenation can dramatically improve the look and texture of your skin within a few sessions and without the need of anesthesia. Most patients require a series of 3-5 treatments with 4-6 week intervals for optimal results, but this can vary from patient to patient. It is the least painful skin treatment available with minimal downtime that results in radiant, younger looking skin.
Am I Candidate for Fractional Skin Resurfacing?
Radiant skin is soft, smooth, and even in texture; however, it’s common to have skin that feels rough and uneven. This can be due to skin conditions such as rosacea or acne, but it can also be caused by aging, sun damage, or from using irritating skin care products that have damaged the skin.
Fractional laser resurfacing treats a variety of skin conditions and imperfections as follows:
Uneven Skin Texture and Pigmentation Problems
- Dark pigmentation, also known as melasma is a skin condition disorder that causes symmetrical, blotchy, dark facial pigmentation.
- Sun damage or overexposure to the sun’s dangerous ultraviolet light not only can damage your skin’s appearance, but it can also lead to skin cancer and pre-cancers like actinic keratosis. Sun damage accumulates over time.
- Age spots, also known as liver spots are flat tan, brown or black spots that vary in size and usually appear on the face, hands, shoulders and arms. Age spots are commonly on the areas that have had significant sun exposure. Though they are more common in adults older than age 50, younger people who spend a lot of time in the sun can certainly develop age spots.
- Solar lentigines are harmless patches of darkened skin. They result from exposure to ultraviolet (UV) radiation. Lentinges are very common, especially in people over the age of 40 years
Fractional skin resurfacing can help treat these skin conditions resulting in evening out skin tone and texture and producing smoother renewed skin.
Surface imperfections falls under numerous categories of skin conditions including the following:
- Enlarged pores -your hormones regulate the oil glands that produce sebum. This oil moves through the lining of each facial pore and then to your face. Normally, this oil flows properly through the pore lining and out of the pore, which gradually spreading over the skin’s surface. Issues occur when your oil glands produce too much sebum, causing an excess in oil mixes with other substances. As a result, this causes the pore to form a clog, which then makes it difficult for the oil to flow freely resulting in the enlargement of the pore itself. Fractional skin resurfacing can help reduce the size of your pores.
- Fine to moderate wrinkles –while it is inevitable that everyone will eventually get wrinkles due to aging and fractional skin resurfacing can help reduce their intensity and sometimes eliminate them.
- Crow’s feet, also called “laugh lines” or “character lines,” are an unavoidable side-effect of aging, specifically the wrinkles that begin to form at the outside corners of your eyes.
Fractional skin resurfacing can help reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Scars and Stretch Marks
- Scarring is the process by which the body heals wounds. Damage to the deep layer of skin produces a scar which appears as a reddish, uneven
- Acne scars often occur due to inflamed blemishes caused by skin pores bloated with too much oil, dead skin cells and bacteria. As a result, the affected pore swells and thus causes a break in the follicle wall.
Palomar fractional laser system is FDA-approved for stretch marks and scar removal. It is the most advanced technology for skin rejuvenation and resurfacing, offering considerably less discomfort than any other procedure available today. Fractional skin resurfacing helps to heal your scars and reduces the appearance.
Stretch marks are long, narrow lines that develop on the skin. Stretch marks tend to affect women more than men and occur when the skin is stretched too quickly. Common causes of stretch marks are pregnancy and weight gain. Stretch marks occur on the abdomen, buttocks, breasts, hips, and thighs.
Fractional skin resurfacing helps to reduce the visible appearance of stretch marks.
What to Expect During Your Consultation for Laser Skin Rejuvenation?
During your consultation, you have ample opportunity to discuss your concerns and the skin areas of imperfection that you desire improve. Next, we will perform a thorough examination and determine if fractional skin resurfacing will accomplish your desired goals. Dr. Albert Boyd and his experienced and caring staff are dedicated to determining which treatment will be best for your skin.
Why Select Chameleon Medical Spa?
Chameleon Medical Spa has been the number one choice for individuals seeking an experienced medical spa practice in the greater DeSoto, TX area. We pride ourselves on having a patient-focused mindset and providing advanced technologies and services.
We understand that if you feel badly about your body, or are uncomfortable in your skin, you have the right to change that. We have the skills and the experience to help. From consultation to extended care and maintenance of your results, Dr. Albert Boyd and our expert staff will guide you through the process of achieving your aesthetic goals.
Confidence is always attractive, and will never go out of style. Get the face and body that you love and are proud to show. Schedule a consultation at Chameleon Medical Spa to learn how you can non-surgically rejuvenate your skin.